If you want your business or name to rank higher in Google for local HVAC services reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have over 15 years of SEO knowledge and research that can help you get more business from your website and Google listing.
Whether you own a local HVAC company or are in HVAC sales, you know the value of ranking high in Google Search. In fact, the largest part of your marketing budget likely goes to Google either through Paid Search or SEO. There is a reason for this. When people search, they have the intent to purchase or seek out services. If you rank #1 for “Atlanta emergency HVAC services” you know the searcher is picking up the phone and scheduling an appointment as soon as possible.
What is unique about Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) is the immediate need for assistance. Most people cannot last more than a few hours without heating or air conditioning. If you are in Tampa, Florida and your AC goes out, you do not want to wait 24 hours or a few days to get it fixed. You want it fixed right now. If you are in Park City, Utah in January and your heat goes out, you are not going to wait two or three days for a repairman to come out. You are going to spend however much you need to get the heat back on. This is the value of ranking at the top of Google search for HVAC services or HVAC business.
What HVAC Marketing Agencies Do For SEO
If you have ever worked with an HVAC marketing agency or any type of ad agency, you know they try to upsell all the bells and whistles. While you may simply want to rank higher in Google Search they will sell social media ads, Google Paid search, app development and even traditional marketing like newspaper and TV ads. This can drain a marketing budget quickly. Even if you spend your entire budget on Google Search you may likely not get the results you are looking for. So, why do HVAC marketing agencies or marketing companies not get results when it comes to ranking in Google and SEO?
Almost every single marketing company in the United States white labels their SEO services because they do not understand the Google Algorithm nor do they know how to rank your website or Google Business Profile listing in search. We have been one of those white label vendors for marketing agencies that have sold SEO to HVAC companies.
To make matters even worse, they mark up the service 50% to 100%. This means if you are paying $2000 a month for SEO you are likely only getting about $1000 worth of work and effort from the SEO expert because they are not being compensated at 100%. To eliminate the middle man, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to help you rank higher for “[your city] HVAC services”.
If you have found your search results have not improved in the last six (6) months to a year, it is time to seek a better SEO provider. Most of the time, a marketing agency is trying to make as much money as possible while doing as little as possible. This means that you may be paying for specific marketing products yet no work is being done. Agencies love to lump all Google Search products together which includes Paid Search and SEO. If you are paying a total of $10,000 for Paid Search and SEO you may not know how much is going to each service; nor how many administration fees or charges are added.
What is Real HVAC SEO?
Having studied SEO from the very early days of the Google Search algorithm, we know the importance of content, links and the structure (backend) of a website. Without all three, a website is not going to rank in competitive markets. Unfortunately, many HVAC marketing companies only focus on one aspect of SEO. They may harp on the importance of meta tags and title descriptions on the backend of the website but never acquire links or publish content. Some agencies are big on links but they point the links to very poorly written content.
We focus on all three (3) aspects of SEO and know the right blend that ranks at the top of Google search. Understand that SEO is extremely hard. As an HVAC company or HVAC salesperson you do not have time to do your own SEO or try to rank your website. It takes years of relationships with other website owners and countless hours of studying what type of content works versus what will get penalized. Knowing what is considered keyword stuffing and over optimization is just part of the process of successfully ranking a website at the top of Google Search.
One of our HVAC clients tasked us with ranking for keywords in five (5) local cities. To do this, we had to build a link portfolio while also publishing and updating high quality content on a modern website. Below is the growth of the link portfolio:
The growth of the total keywords the website ranks for is almost as impressive as the growth in the referring domains:
As is often the case, keyword rankings can be slightly delayed after links have been acquired. Fortunately, we have gone through this process hundreds of times and can guide you on what to expect in the months ahead. Remember that SEO is not an overnight process but if links are acquired and high quality content is published, you are going to rank better. We have the data to prove it. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today to get started with acquiring new leads through your website.
HVAC SEO Copywriting
There is a major difference in writing an email, creating a caption for an Instagram post and writing for a website. To rank in Google Search writers must have a great deal of knowledge in a specific industry while also understanding how not to keyword stuff or over optimize. We have study the art of ranking content in Google Search since 2007. We have lived through all the Google Search Algorithm Updates and continue to see upward trending charts as seen above.
Some great landing page and blog posts ideas for an HVAC website include:
- HVAC Terms and Definitions
- Benefits of Annual HVAC Maintenance Plans
- Air Duct Cleaning
- My fan kicks on but my compressor is not working
- Best thermostat setting for a summer beach house
- What does it mean if my thermostat is blank?
- What does the hissing sound from my air conditioner mean?
- Ducted vs ductless heat pump
- Gas furnace vs electric furnace
- Should I get a digital thermostat?
- When should I replace my air conditioner?
- How much does an AC unit cost?
- Common HVAC problems in [your city]
- How to protect an AC unit from salt in the air
- Why is the temperature uneven in my home?
- RV and camper HVAC repair
- Mobile home HVAC repair
- Why does my AC unit make a dripping noise?
- How do ceiling fans affect my AC unit?
- Mini split AC unit repair
- What is a mini split AC unit?
- Why is the heater in my home blowing cold air?
- What is the smell when I turn my heat on for the first time?
- Why are some rooms in my house warmer than others?
- Why isn’t the heat working in my house?
- What temperature is ideal to open the windows in [your state]
- How to control the temperature in individual rooms
- What size mini split do I need for spare rooms?
- How much does a mini split for a garage cost?
- Should I turn off the air conditioner when I leave my beach house?
- Is heat cheaper than AC?
- Why is my air conditioner blowing warm air?
- Does a nest thermostat use batteries?
- Why is my air conditioner so loud?
- What is the best thermostat for a mountain vacation home?
- Air conditioning on the second floor
- Does AC reduce or increase humidity?
- How often should HVAC be serviced?
- What is static pressure in HVAC?
- How long does an HVAC furnace last?
- Do you need to replace an AC unit and furnace together?
- AC drain pan full of water
- Furnace fan runs constantly
- HVAC filter not dirty
These are just some of the many articles that could be published to help your website get more exposure. We can come up with a personalized plan based on your location and the needs of your potential clients and customers. If you are located in Salt Lake City, Utah people are searching for much different HVAC related terms than those that are in Miami, Florida. We can creatively come up with content that will not only get your website more traffic, but will also help to naturally acquire high quality links. If you want the most unique and best HVAC content on your website contact us today at email@example.com.
We know HVAC SEO keywords better than anyone and are confident we can generate more traffic to your website starting today.
Can a Small HVAC Company or Salesperson Compete?
We have smaller HVAC companies and individual HVAC salesmen contact us all the time thinking they cannot compete with the big boys. If you are in North Carolina and Virginia, is there any way to compete with Micheal and Sons? If you are in Phoenix, can you compete with Legacy Air? The answer is yes!
Understand that the Google Algorithm treats all businesses the same. If you have a stronger link portfolio and better content than one of the big names in the HVAC industry, you will rank higher than them; especially when it comes to local areas. By being small and nimble, you can likely rank very high for cities and towns in which you provide service. We have studied the Google Business Profile search metrics and can help expand the radius in which your GMB listing shows up in search results related to HVAC.
Large HVAC companies do have the advantage of having links from news outlets, magazines and national publications. This does not mean a smaller business cannot compete. We have worked with small, medium and large HVAC companies and have been able to help all of them rank higher in search. The ultimate result is to get more business and sales calls from their website.
If you are a local salesmen selling Trane or York units or you run an entire team of HVAC salespeople, we can assist you with the correct HVAC SEO to rank much higher in Google Search. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come up with a personalized plan to get your website and Google Business Profile listing higher in the search results
Some of the largest HVAC companies in America are as follows:
- Carrier Corporation
- Goodman Manufacturing Company
- Rheem Manufacturing Company
- Trane Inc
- York International Corporation
- Lennox International, Inc
- Nordyne Corporation
Some of the largest HVAC repair companies are as follows:
- Climate Control Experts – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Moore Heating & Air Conditioning – Santa Rosa, California
- Perry Aire Service – Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Hometown Heating and Air Conditioning Company – Concord, California
- Chesapeake Plumbing and Heating – Frankford, Delaware
- Ellis Air Systems – Killeen, Texas
- Joseph Giannone Heating and Air Conditioning – Folsom, Pennsylvania
- Unlimited Air Mechanical – Richmond, Virginia
- Timo’s Air Conditioning & Heating – Thousand Palms, California
- Bellows Plumbing, Heating & Air – Soquel, Calfiornia
- Allgood Plumbing, Electric, Heating and Cooling – Snellville, Georgia
- Legacy Air – Phoenix, Arizona
- Comfort Matters Heating & Cooling – Hanover, Minnesota
- Hiller Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical – Nashville, Tennessee
- Delphi Plumbing & Heating – Brooklyn, New York
- A1 Plumbing and Perfect Air – Boise, Idaho
- Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical – McHenry, Illinois
- One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning – Laurinburg, North Carolina
- Schneller Plumbing, Heating, and Air – Covington, Kentucky
- Roberts Heating Air conditioning & Refrigeration – Georgetown, Indiana
- Village Plumbing and Home Services – Houston, Texas
Ranking in Google Search is extremely difficult. You can do what you do best which is provide HVAC services while we can do what we do best which is rank websites at the top of Google Search.